jueves, 19 de agosto de 2010

One-Woman-Play to Debut in Philly this September




ANJ Band 
Letter

NOTE: I cannot express the joy I feel in reading responses to my newsletter. If you feel moved to, I would love to hear from you. Also, if you would like to share this newsletter with a friend, please click here. DO NOT use the standard forward link used for emails.

August 19, 2010

Hello All. Tis I, Anj.

ANJ TO PERFORM A ONE-WOMAN-PLAY THIS SEPTEMBER!!!
READ ON for details on show and tickets!


 ANJ My dear, dear friends. Let me apologize for my summer hibernation in which in my newsletter ceased to exist. I have not been slacking off, honestly!! I have been working hard on what I told you (back in June) was going to be my VERY SPECIAL SURPRISE. And now, (ahem, 8 weeks laterm ready to unveil it to all of you!

Drum roll please…… (brummmmmmmmmmmm)

I have written a one-woman-play, and I am performing it in Philadelphia as part of the Fringe Festival this September! TA-DAA!!!!! ( this is the part where you cheer Hoorah!)

Whaaaat? Whaaat You say? Vat is dis?? Have you lost your marbles Anj? The few you had left?

Well, here’s the story peeps.

As many of you know, I have been a singer/songwriter and have been performing my songs live for many years. Ever since I was a kid, people have been likening my shows to a “one-woman-play” set to music. (This is probably because of my vignettes and story-telling in between the songs). In any case, I have always tried to present my music in a somewhat dramatic setting – creating “Coin and A Half Girls” to be listened to as if it were a play (if you don’t have the album its set up like audio-movie of sorts), and then “When Grey Blushes” being very much a concept album with poetry written in the inside of the CD about passion bringing me back to life.

Last winter, I saw a one-man-show in Philly. It was an adaptation of C. S. Lewis’ “The Great Divorce”. I was astounded. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks! THIS is what I should be doing!! Ever since then I have been secretly working on creating a one-woman-play of my own – an autobiographical story that would offer a glimpse into the world of an artist, and how the world around us influences us to make music.

So read on! And I sincerely hope that each and every one of you that are within a 50-mile radius of Philly will come out to my show – and brings as many friends as you can! There will be a newsletter each week between now and opening night (September 4th) to keep you posted!

Grace and Peace,

Anj



What’s “Casual World/Intimate Heart” all about?


ANJ“Casual World/Intimate Heart” is a one-woman-autobiographical show that weaves story-telling, comedy, dramatic monologue, and visual graphics around the performances of my songs on a baby-grand piano.

Through these different art forms, I tell the story of my life; how I came to love music and rely on it as an outlet for just about everything. I take you on a journey through childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, showing you how music became intertwined throughout these challenging times.

The show also takes an inner-look at what it feels like to be a hyper-sensitive person in a somewhat insensitive world. I believe it’s something most artists have in common, though we all personify it at different levels of intensity depending on who we are. This quality is a double-edged sword – making you open to joy and pain, and is what lends itself to creativity. My hope is that through this show, I can open people’s minds and heart to what the world would be like if we all chose to remain intimate in our approach to life, and not calloused or closed-off to the world.

When is the show?

Good news! There are actually SEVEN performances of “Casual World/Intimate Heart” – so that means there are seven opportunities for you to come on out and show some love in the audience! The dates are:

  • Saturday September 4th 8:00 p.m.
  • Sunday, September 5th 2:00 p.m.
  • Tuesday, September 7th 7:00 p.m.
  • Thursday, September 9th 7:00 p.m.
  • Thursday, September 16th 7:00 p.m.
  • Friday, September 17th 6:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, September 18th 8:00 p.m.

Where is it being performed?

The show is being performed in the beautiful and atmospheric sanctuary located inside the First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia. The address is 2125 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia PA, 19103 – its right in center city!

Where can I purchase tickets & get more info?

Tickets are $15 each. To purchase tickets there are three options:

  • You can Paypal me at Anjinfo@yahoo.com $15 per ticket with a message for what night you want them and under what name the tickets should be filed. They will be will-called at the door for you. (This is the best way to show you’re support as I am able to recoup all the money and not pay the fringe a collection fee).
  • Purchase them through the online box office (easiest for you and still totally fine!)
  • Purchase them at the door! Students bring your ID’s and get tickets for $9! (for all you late-comers and procrastinators)


Buy the CD… Click to Order!

ANJ
When Grey Blushes

Former Stranger
Bright Winter
Blueprints
The Mark
View of the Few
Praise
Twelve Thirty One O One
The Rest of Me
Sand Art
The End of Love
Blueprints (extended version)

.

No hay comentarios: